MOA Board and Task Team
The MOA Board welcomes those O.D.s that would like to share their skills on a task team. What is a task team? Individuals that work on a short project, share ideas, develop strategies, or work at an event. Do you enjoy "party planning", research, education? Are you a people person, want to give back to the community or to the community of optometry students? Would you like to learn more about how a board runs, explore insurance, or just want to chip in for a few hours a month? If you answered YES to any of those, then working on a Task Team would be perfect for you! Below are the committees the MOA Board are working on. What could you do to help? Contact the MOA office today! email@example.com
- Assist with all facets of the Spring, Summer, Fall and December Conference.
- Assist with the Exhibit Hall and activities held at Exhibit Hall.
- Recruit sponsors for non-CE events at Conferences, including binders, breaks, breakfast, mix and mingle, Awards Banquet and Presidential Luncheon sponsors.
- Contact the MOA office with the names and contacts of interested sponsors.
- Review past schedules of meetings and suggest any needed changes.
- Annually compare price of MOA meetings to other CE meetings.
- Assist with finding lecturers and sponsors for Spring, Summer, Fall and December Conference
- Review and approve the draft CE schedules.
- Oversee Paraoptometric CE at MOA Meetings. (June/December)
Member Benefits / Development Committee
Student Membership / Communication
- Find new ways to enhance the benefits of being a member of the Maine Optometric Association.
- Develop strategies and ideas to retain current members and recruit new members.
- Explore marketing tools to promote Optometry to the public, legislators, and other professions.
- Explore available opportunities for members to enhance their membership, their practice, or reduce overall MOA dues expenses.
- Maintain communication with student members to encourage participation and attendance at MOA events.
- Develop a comprehensive Student Membership plan to recruit student members, assist student members, and serve as a trusted resource as student members transition to new optometrists.
- Maintain an ongoing presence at optometry schools. (East Coast schools as well as other point schools)
- Follow up with student members once out of school to ensure they continue to belong to the MOA. Work on Info Brochure for New ODs.
- Communicate through the internet & new technologies to increase membership engagement and public awareness. Create a monthly Plan.
- Assist with ongoing communication plan. Work with Communication Chair
- Reach out to Health Care Associations (Heart, Diabetic, Iris Network, Pediatric etc.) to participate in health fairs, education days ect.
Third Party (insurance topics)
- Help insure our inclusion in various vision and eyecare plans.
- Insure non-discriminatory participation on the part of our members.
- Serve as a resource for MOA staff as issues may arise.
- Review various topics for Third-Party workshops.
Visionary Strategy Committee
- Continually monitor and review the status and future of optometry in Maine and the country.
- Develop strategic plans and methods to protect optometry in Maine. Determine if there is an area that Maine O.D.s could have more of a voice, introduce legislature.
- Maintain an overall awareness of upcoming changes within Maine.
- Read Maine Legislation and determine the effect current legislation will affect Maine optometry, participate in hearings when appropriate,