The Maine Optometric Association supports the success of Doctor of Optometry and improves eye care for Maine.
Goals are the core competencies of the association to which resources will be allocated. The membership was surveyed before planning to consider their input.
The board set five goals, with the MOA Mission in mind. Four of the goals are deliverables to members. The fifth goal of Excellence recognizes the need for strong infrastructure and workforce to advance the deliverables.
- PROTECT - Advocate to enhance scope of practice and third-party payment models.
- ADVANTAGE - Provide value to members through exclusive benefits and services.
- ELEVATE - Deliver education and opportunities to advance career success.
- VISIBILITY - Improve public awareness of eye care and optometry.
- EXCELLENCE - Lead MOA through governance and sustainable resources.